}

Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

Mountain Trip

Finally, after days of sitting at home and watching Cougar Town (hey, don't judge), I got to enjoy the tender sun rays and the crisp mountain air. My mum woke me up at 9am, which is 4am in normal people time, and we made our way to our 'townhouse' (there's nothing there, just land...but my mum and my sister are "going to build something". No they won't).



As much as I adore nature, we all know that there are cons in everything, and in this case, the cons were BUGS. Okay, coming from someone who wanted to study entomology and zoology, it may seem weird that I'm not a fan of bugs. But man, they are annoying. I am absolutely paranoid that one of them will fly into my mouth and then I'll either choke to death or the swelling from the sting will slowly and painfully suffocate me. That's not just me, right?




I have a constant longing for being in the woods. I don't think I even have been to the woods. In my head they are just so calming and eerie, a place of mystery, where anything can happen, where you are isolated from your misfortune and only surrounded by the present. Not just me again, right?





Yes, these are butterflies having sex. How could I not take a picture of that? Once in a lifetime, guys, once in a lifetime.








1 comment: